Skip links and keyboard navigation

Who can request advice?

The Integrity Commissioner may provide advice to ‘designated persons’. The Integrity Act 2009 (Qld) defines the following persons as a designated person:

  • a member of the Legislative Assembly;
  • a statutory office holder;
  • a chief executive of a government department or a public service office;
  • a senior executive officer or senior officer;
  • a chief executive of, or a senior officer equivalent employed in a government entity, who is nominated by the Minister responsible for administering the entity;
  • a ministerial staff member who gives, or a person engaged to give, advice to a Minister;
  • an Assistant Minister staff member who gives, or a person engaged to give, advice to an Assistant Minister;
  • a person, or a class of person nominated by a Minister or Assistant Minister- including all Queensland Mayors and Councillors.

All designated persons can seek advice with regard to their own issues involving ethics or integrity.

Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia (CC BY-ND 3.0)
Last updated
18 February, 2019

Page feedback

Your privacy

Information collected through this form is used to improve this website.

Any information you submit that could identify you (e.g. name, email address) will be stored securely, and destroyed after we process your feedback.

  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response.

  3. Contact (optional)
Scroll to top