Skip links and keyboard navigation

Who needs to register

Professional lobbyists who act on behalf of a third party client who wish to lobby State or local government officials or opposition representatives need to be registered before they contact a government or opposition representative for the purpose of lobbying activities.

For the purpose of the Register of Lobbyists, a professional lobbyist is an entity that carries out a lobbying activity for a fee or other reward for a third party client, or whose employees or contractors carry out a lobbying activity for a third party client.

See also:

Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia (CC BY-ND 3.0)
Last updated
3 May, 2016

Page feedback

Your privacy

Information collected through this form is used to improve this website.

Any information you submit that could identify you (e.g. name, email address) will be stored securely, and destroyed after we process your feedback.

  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response.

  3. Contact (optional)
Scroll to top