Official duties include administrative obligations derived from:
- Public Service Act 2008
- Financial Accountability Act 2009
- Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009
- Right to Information Act 2009
- Crime and Misconduct Act 2001
- Judicial Review Act 1991
- Libraries Act 1988
- Legislation establishing your public sector entity
- Legislation administered by your public sector entity
- State Purchasing Policy, and
- your contract of employment.
They also include ethics obligations derived from:
- Public Sector Ethics Act 1994
- The Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service.
Performance obligations derived from instructions for the task in hand.